Song Of Skyrim Song Of Skyrim

No Lusty Argonian Maid?

Anyone trying to write this off as a hashed Skyrim commercial has clearly never tried to do one of the fallowing: 1. Write a song, 2. Make a flash animation, 3. write a song and then make a flash animation around it.
The quality of the art and animation is exactly what we've come to expect from the Happy Harry brand of cartoons. Pure frame by frame goodness, with lots of varied movement, poses, and perspectives, all of which are convincing and satisfying to look at.
The song is clever and well written. It manages to criticize gamer culture, and touches on all the major points of the game without using and kind of forced rhyme scheme or filler lines. Yeah it's short, but how is that a bad thing? It means it doesn't overstay it's welcome, and if you want to watch it again, you don't feel like it has to be a commitment.
It's short, it's sweet, and if you're an elder scrolls fan, than you can really connect with the amount of love put into this cartoon.

Read Only Memory: Vol 1 Read Only Memory: Vol 1

Nice variety, but a little obvious

The art, animation and variety of styles were all top notch by New grounds standards, and even by the standards of the garbage they put on TV these days. But a lot of the jokes were a little obvious or overused.
The turnip animation was pretty cute, it was clever to have all the different Links in one scenario, but again, it was mostly references any video game fan has already heard. The Captain N cartoon was pretty clever, but the minute I saw Simon mentioning he was hungry, I knew it was going to be some joke about how absurd it is to find food in the walls. Though I have to say, it was nice to see a Castlevania flash that didn't use sprites.
When Shamoozal first started, it had this quirky, off beat, irrelevant humor that set it apart from most flash animations. Now that it's all about video games, I feel like the series has become part of a flooded genre.
Still, I can't deny the work and attention to detail you put into this. The backgrounds and characters were all richly details in their own unique way, the animation was smooth and the cartoon was paced very well. So you still get 9 out of 10 and a 5. Hope to see more!

Shamoozal responds:

Thanks! I'm sorry you miss our old stuff. We've been doing this for a few years now as you know, so I'm always trying to find something different that works for us at the moment. I was offered to do this series while Shamoozal shorts were in limbo. It was good for me because it helped get me back into the swing of things. Doing work for another outlet means I HAVE to do the work and helps keep me motivated to continue working on shorts.

I know the gaming space is pretty crowded with cartoons like this. Going into it I was hoping that my edge would be quality and just the way we go about doing things. I always think I've achieved my goal if someone could watch something like Candy Corns and then this and realize it came from the same person.

Sorry if you feel some/most of the jokes are obvious. I mean, you aren't the only one, just look at any of the reviews on here that scored me low.

Anyway, thanks for being a long time fan! Hopefully I'll be able to please you with future cartoons!

The Faun and the Nymph The Faun and the Nymph

Vibrant little short

Loved the stylized artwork, especially the colors, very vibrant. Reminds me of fall. The humor was good too. Not too obvious, and was paced really well. Hope to see some more of these guys ion the future.

Boy with Nails for Eyes Boy with Nails for Eyes

Very intriguing!

I love the the visual style of this animation. The elements of noir, collage, and surrealism really mix well together. The writing was also expertly done. Each line just draws you deeper into the story.
Can't wait to hear the rest of the story.

--Nightmare-- --Nightmare--

I think you should revisit this!

I think there's a lot of great potential in a story like this. I can understand the complaints from other reviewers, but i don't think you should give up on this one. Technically, just a little more detail is all that's needed. I think the stillness of the animation has it's own creepy effect, so not too much motion is needed.
I also think lengthening the movie would help. suspense is a very powerful tool when it comes to horror.
And even if we know how it ends, seeing this man's decent into madness would be a real treat.
There are so many great elements that can be played upon here. I would really consider taking this to the next level!

Picofun.fla Picofun.fla

Dreamy

nice to see there are still some Pico cartoons out there that don't rely solely on blood and carnage to be entertaining. The art along with the music really drew me in, and gave me that dreamy feeling. Pico's expressions are pricless in this flash.

Pico's Portal Party Pico's Portal Party

Sex AND violence!? Brilliant!

First movie: Blood, torture, violence, all good. Animation was fluid and I like how each character was represented by one color. Overall, some very creative solutions to mutilate a guy.
Second Movie: I like the super deformed break dancers, all had a unique personality that was explored in their mannerisms and dance styles. Also, Super Barrak Obama made me laugh.
Third movie: If Nene is referring to the tentacle tits? I actually didn't see that coming at all. If she's referring to the tentacle rape AFTER the tits, then yes, I had a suspicion. Very well animated, buff Darnell looked cool. A little dark for my taste, but still enjoyable if you like things gritty.
Fourth movie: Smooth animations, cool fight scene. The art itself seemed a bit lacking, but if sacrificed for fluidity, I can dig it. A lot of dramatic camera angles make the movie really dynamic as well.

Picos Popcorn at the Park Picos Popcorn at the Park

A different kind of Pico

It's nice to see a Pico related video that isn't all blood and guts, yet still captures the feel of childhood violence!
I especially like how the characters are accommodating your style, rather than the other way around. Pico and the gang are represented very well and the tissue paper filter applied to the background gave this flash movie an interesting and artistic touch. , and the music fit perfectly.
Some of the animations were a tad awkward, but really, this has been my favorite Pico movie of 2009 so far!